Friday, February 23, 2024

2024

 I voted for Hillary in 2016 and for Biden in 2020, though I would have much preferred to cast a vote both times  for Bernie. Now, my Bernie bumper stickers have faded to invisibility and I'm not planning to support Joe in '24 unless I see some major change in his stance on the Israeli war. In spite of my previous long-standing reservations about Biden he seemed clearly a preferable choice to Trump in 2020.  I understand why many people still feel the same way now.

What has changed since 2020 is the death of 29,000 Palestinians as the result of the indiscriminate bombing of Palestinian population centers.  For me, the threat of a second Trump presidency is greatly diminished in comparison to continuing war crimes against the Palestinian people. Biden's refusal to fully support the call in the UN for an immediate ceasefire makes the U.S. complicit in those crimes against humanity.

Click image for video

No comments: