Friday, January 12, 2024

New Digital

 I got this nice little Canon Powershot A1000 IS on Craigslist for forty bucks.

The Canon is only a little larger than my ultra-compact Panasonic Lumix and has basically the same features, but also sports an eye-level viewfinder in addition to the screen.  The optical viewfinder is zoomable, but does not have parallax correction, so one needs to use the screen for any closeup work.  The camera is powered by two AA batteries. The dog and I took the camera for a test drive in the neighborhood.









The tree sculpture is a recent addition to our street.  I'm sorry I did not get to see it in the making as the artist seems very skilled.


I was pleased with the pictures from the camera which are about three times bigger than what I need for online display.  The images are sharp and I'm not seeing the distortion that was evident in the pictures from the previous 650 model that I gave away.

No comments: