Friday, September 20, 2019

Nobel candidate?

wikipedia
She has already received many honors for her environmental leadership, and it would be hard to dispute the impact on world opinion of Greta Thunberg.  That this young woman can consistently demonstrate such an astounding ability to articulate her advocacy for action on climate change along with great courage seems to make the choice for the Nobel obvious.
 
    I'll freely admit some bias in favor of Thunberg due in part to memories of my own cluelessness at her present age.  Of course I was not alone in that affliction.  I don't recall any of my teenage 1950s peers having any concerns beyond that generated by exaggerated self-absorbtion. The Vietnam war woke me up, but it was still a long struggle that extended well past the 1960s before my consciousness of social and political issues took on any coherent form.

No comments: