Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Going Wide

 I have been exploring the possibilities of panoramic photography, without yet doing much myself.  In my film photography as I mentioned on my other blog, I have done some wide shots by using 120 film in my old 116 folders.  As the 120 film is narrower than the 116 frame I get pictures that are about twice as long has they are high.

 

Today, I left the house with two film cameras, the little Canon digital and my phone.  I drove to the Natural History Museum and was immediately aware of the many possibilities there for panoramic images.  It seemed a nice opportunity to get in some practice using the panoramic function in my phone camera, and I only did that.

Here are a couple that approached my intention:



So, a useful learning experience.  My technique clearly needs work, but it is apparent that digital technology has greatly expanded the possibilities for panoramic imaging.  I'm looking forward now to further exploring the potential of both digital and film for the wide views.

No comments: