Monday, June 12, 2023

RFK Jr.

 I couple people I know have recently told me how much they like Robert F. Kennedy Jr.  I did not encourage them to tell me why.

Here is what Wikipedia has to say:

Robert Francis Kennedy Jr. is an American environmental lawyer, politician, and writer who has promoted anti-vaccine propaganda and health-related conspiracy theories. Kennedy is the son of U.S. attorney general and senator Robert F. Kennedy and nephew of U.S. president John F. Kennedy. Wikipedia

Born: January 17, 1954 (age 69 years), Washington, D.C.

Spouse: Cheryl Hines (m. 2014), Mary Richardson Kennedy (m. 1994–2012), Emily Ruth Black (m. 1982–1994)

Children: Conor Kennedy, Bobby Kennedy III, MORE

Party: Democratic Party

Siblings: Joseph P. Kennedy II, Kerry Kennedy, MORE

Parents: Robert F. Kennedy, Ethel Kennedy

Organizations founded: Children's Health Defense, Waterkeeper Alliance

That is all I feel I need to know about the guy.  He seems to be favorably looked at by about 20% of Democrats, so he clearly has some influence over what people think about the issues he promotes.  What that tells me is that he has likely contributed to the illness and deaths of thousands.  Not someone I want to see as President.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. by Gage Skidmore

* * *

2 comments:

kodachromeguy@bellsouth.net said...

Another kook with idiotic pseudo-theories about vaccines. Someone of his age should remember how some people he met when he was young were disfigured from polio or smallpox. How did we largely eliminate these scourges? Prayer? Hoping? Injecting bleach?

Mike said...

I guess anti-science and conspiracy theories are nothing new, but it does seem like the social networks have allowed more people to totally live in delusional bubbles.