Friday, May 24, 2013

Back to Tomé Hill

There's a little haze in Albuquerque's sky from Arizona fires, but it was still a fine day for a ride.


I headed back down Highway 47 on the bike to Tomé Hill with the purpose of exploring the hill's west slopes.  I parked near a fork in the road at the base of the hill and walked a few hundred feet up the trail to the mid-level plateau.  There were petroglyphs scattered among the boulders all along the rimrock that borders the flat leading to the final ascent to the summit.  I have added a second page of pictures of Tomé Hill petroglyphs to my rock art web site showing what I found on the west slopes.
-------------------------
PS: I'm looking forward to attending the public lecture by Polly Schaafsma on the rock art of the Rio Grande Valley on Monday, May 27th at 7:00 PM at the Marriott Pyramid North.  Her presentation is part of the 2013 International Rock Art Conference.

No comments: